Name: Jenn Clore
Activity: Attended Refresh OKC Meetup Group
Description of Activity: The Digital Magic 8-Ball: Looking Ahead to the Online and Social Media Trends
Date(s) of Activity (also include times):
1/25/17 11:30a to 1pm
1. Why did you select this activity?
The topic of the meeting covered trends in digital media that are important to marketers in 2017. This topic applied closely to my position as a digital marketer at my job.
2. Would you recommend this activity for other students? Why or why not?
Definitely. It was a friendly atmosphere with free pizza! The attendees were people in the web design field so it is a great group to network with and learn more from the local community.
3. What did you like best about this activity?
The topic was relevant and easy to understand with real-life examples. I learned a lot about how to further utilize various social platforms.
4. What did you like least about this activity? How would you make the activity better?
I would liked to of heard more information on the LinkedIn advertising trends for 2017. I also think that since the audience was more web designers and graphic designers, maybe some more thoughts could of been made on how to design for social media platforms.
5. What is a creative idea/concept you can take away from this experience and possibly implement into your work?
The speaker made a statement about giving the customer what they want. I can implement this idea in my current landing page designs that are connected to my facebook ads. If the ad is about a pdf download, the landing page should take them right to the download and not to another form they need to fill out to receive the download.